Friday 2 March 2012

Business Card Edit


Here is the near final version of my business card. I have adjusted the icons to make them a bit less dull and boring. I have also changed the positioning of the text and images to make them line up properly.




My next step will be to create my cv using this theme along with my website.

It was also observed thismorning that my logo looks similar to the Chinese word 正.

According to my research online, 正, or 'zheng' means a number of things depending on the context.


  • straight, upright
  • right, proper, correct
  • exact, standardized, just so
  • primary, chief, main
  • first
  • pure, unmixed
  • pretty
  • honest
  • placed or situated in the middle
  • just now, right now
  • straighten
  • put right, rectify
  • (shapes) regular
  • (mathematics) positive


  • These are all positive words, which is a very good thing. In particular, the words proper, pure, honest and rich would be good associations to have.

    It may be a coincidence and the logo wasn't designed to represent this word, but it's interesting none the less!





    2 comments:

    1. I like the disposition of the elements. Still, I'm not convinced about your icons (think you should re-trace them in Illustrator).

      I like the concept of the eagle wings but not sure the style of illustration you selected is linked visually in any way to your icons style.

      If you need help with this, let me know and I can help you find a way to link the style.

      Hope this helps.

      ReplyDelete
    2. The icons that I have originally traced over are all my own images (I took a picture of my own camera, my guitar, my film clickboard and I drew the music note.) which means there won't be any potential copyright issues.

      I quite like the wings but maybe the logo would look better without them.

      I am having trouble coming up with ideas of how to link the styles together so any help would be greatly appreciated.

      ReplyDelete