Tuesday 13 March 2012

Portfolio Idea 1


Here is my first portfolio idea. I decided to use the theme of a dvd case containing a dvd that would showcase some of my work. This means that the details can be enclosed on the case. I will place my cv bio on the back of the case (once it is complete and not rubbish!).


I have placed my logo and icons at different points on the case to hammer home my personal branding.

I am aware that carrying a dvd case into a job interview isn't necessarily a realistic proposition. The employer would be unlikely to have a dvd player on hand to watch work straight up and it would waste time in the interview. However, this could be a good option to send off work through the post to potential employers.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that a is such a crazy idea, actually a lot of possible employers are very grateful of you bringing the digital version of your portfolio. So, that's a very interesting idea to develop your portfolio. A DVD case that includes a printed version of some of your work and also the digital one. Find also a way of including your business card inside the case (or maybe at the back).
    Your design looks much cleaner now. But I don't know if it's me or my eyes are going wrong, the logo is not centered properly in the front face... isn't a little bit too much to the right? Adding a picture (b/w) at the back of you might be a good thing too. Give it a go.

    See you tomorrow,
    Mariana.

    ReplyDelete