Friday 17 February 2012

Business Card Iconography



I have created some of my own icons that I could potentially use for my business card. I took inspiration from the previous research I conducted.



 


This is the image of multimedia I gathered beforehand. I particularly liked the images in the bottom right hand corner as they were simple and conveyed a visual message as to what they represent. I decided I want this business card idea to represent four topic areas that I am interested in.

  • Sound Design
  • Photography
  • Film Making
  • Web Design
I used real photos that I have taken myself and imported them into Photoshop. By turning down the contrast I was left with simple outlines of recognisable shapes. To create the Web outline on the far right, I used a circle in Photoshop and used Distort, Spherise. I used neutral colours to start with as this is only a first idea. I will come up with a few different colour schemes for my next business card design.

 


 I will need to consider the colour of the text on the web icon. It needs to stand out enough to be readable. I may also need to reconsider the sound design icon to maybe include a pair of headphones or something that will ensure the message is clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment