Wednesday 1 February 2012

Business Card Idea 1

Here is my first idea for a business card. I will hopefully come up with a few of these as the weeks go on.

I am very interested in music, and I find I can channel creativity through this medium. I recently bought a URL address and have been trying to come up with themes to create my own personal website. This module has timed itself perfectly to fit in with this as I can use the URL to display my work, and put the URL on my business card and CV.


My first business card idea was to model it roughly on a Marshall amp. The style is very iconic and easily recognisable by anyone who has played electric guitar. 

Marshall 2266C Vintage Modern Guitar Tube Amplifier Combo, Purple

I wanted to capture the colours in my first attempt. After using Photoshop I was able to create some pleasing results.




This is to the correct size for a business card. I have used roughly the same font (the actual Marshall logo was specially designed by them).


Here is the first draft of this idea. There are still a few positioning issues with the text but i'll have a think how to deal with that. I may change the title at the top too, but it's a start!




1 comment:

  1. You're giving a very personal interest a lot of priority. Visually it works but be sure that you're not exposing yourself to give the wrong message through the imagery you use in your personal branding. Think of other icons, typo styles, colours and patterns that are not as much "in your face" as these icon. Something that sells you as a designer or creative... how can you make it more sutile?

    ReplyDelete