Friday 17 February 2012

Business Card Idea 2 - Icons


I have put together a business card design with my new thoughts and ideas. I currently have two colour schemes but am trying to come up with more. I have also had a think about different fonts, I want a smart font that fits in with the theme. I am going to try to download some new fonts for my next idea.


My first idea was this one. I liked the idea of a strip in the middle containing the icons. After thinking about this more though I have decided that the blue is too harsh compared to the black and the contrast is a bit overpowering. I have left space in the top right hand corner incase I develop a logo.
 
 

Next, I developed the idea of putting the icons in rings. I still used blue, but a softer blue in this case. This one works better than the previous one, it is more plesant to look at and the icons are more easy to see against the white strip. 

Finally I switched the colours. I swapped the black and white. Again this is quite effective as it draws attention towards the middle. Using the rings around the icons means they stand out nicely.

I am far more pleased with this idea than I was with the previous one a few weeks back. I need to develop a logo and to try out some new fonts. I may also edit the icons slightly as there are some imperfections, including the web logo and the sound design one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,

    Two observations:

    1) If the main elements of your identity brand are going to be these ones, I would suggest to work more on them. More detail in each of them would increase the quality of your business card and CV, They look a little bit too plain (or flat might be a better adjective).
    2) It might be that the use of a different material (i.e. transparent plastic) could support your idea of concentrating all the attention in your icons. Make some research and find out about availibility and price. It might be that paper or cardboard is not the best solution for this particular idea.

    ReplyDelete