Sunday 26 February 2012

CV Ideas



I have come up with a possible CV idea this weekend. I have not had a chance to revise my icons yet so I am just using the old ones for this draft. I have two possible ways of conveying information, but the second would require 2 pages which can be awkward.

This idea was to put the different sections in boxes. For this idea I have stuck to the black and white colour scheme that I used in my last business card idea and the icons at the top display the key skills.



The problem with this idea is that all the boxes need to be the same size. Some sections will be shorter so this would look strange if certain boxes are more empty.




This is the second idea that will span more than one page. However, the boxes can be as long as they need to be before they are cut off. This approach is neater in my opinion.


1 comment:

  1. Why not using the second idea but getting rid of "details" and "interests"? Details can be added besides your name or with a single line at the top of your top line (the one with the icons). Interests: edit it to one single sentence. Do you think that all the ones you were planning to include are related to your profession? If not, get rid of them and just include them as a single line sentence.

    Like the b/w colour scheme and think works brilliantly with your icons. If you find it too simple, add some details to your icons in red, yellow or a vibrant green. But first, be sure to re-trace them and increase the quality of them (you have to do it if you're using them as the main icons in your CV).

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete